1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Gravely Pro-Stance Stander Review!!! With PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Oct 4, 2012.

1. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you post some pics of it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance LawnSite Member

Will do it tomorrow. Too dark right now

3. weaver

Cool.. thanks... is it a stander & a walk behind like the grandstand or vantage?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. M&A Property Maintenance

Here we go. Hopefully this work

20131005_215703_.jpg

20131005_215742_.jpg

20131005_215823_.jpg

20131005_215857_.jpg

20131005_215918_.jpg

20131005_215720_.jpg

20131005_215802_.jpg

5. weaver

That's nice.. How did you get a mower before it's out on the market? How's the cut? Likes? Dislikes?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. M&A Property Maintenance

I was selected by my local dealer to test out this unit. I think it was because I demoed their previous 34" stander. I said I wasnt really a fan of the 34. I thought it had slow ground speed for a stander and would be more interested in a 36.

Cut is awesome. Collects leaves with minimal to no blow out. Nice lines. Good ground speed. All around a solid machine! No real dislikes. I guess if I had to complain about something, it would be the grass catcher. Wish they would make a canvas bag. I hate those grass gobblers.

7. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

Well I guess next week will be the first time to the dealer for warranty work. went to start my pro stance 52 this morning and nothing happened. Immediate thought was battery. Tested the battery it's good.. called my dealer and told them what it was doing and was told "yes it definitely sounds like warranty work. I wish I could help you more, but we are going out of business." Next closest Gravely dealer to me is 100 miles away... I went with gravely over ferris because of the dealer location. I have a email into gravely and hopefully they could give me any ideas as I know it's something simple to fix.

8. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Thats to bad , it sounds like a safety switch problem but I would not know where to start on a stander. But I would start by locating the switches.

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree. Perhaps the parking brake switch?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I have it figured down to the parking brake, left arm controller, or ignition switch. I remember when I first got it thinking I hope nothing goes wrong with the electrics on this thing.... lol