New Gravely Pro-Stance Stander Review!!! With PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

I'm pretty sure he owns the ztr

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

OP this looks like a nice machine. Like the rapid height change with no pins.

Around here, I generally think of Gravely as a little sister of the poor to Exmark, Toro, JD, etc. The Z's anyway. But this stander looks to be right in there with the best of em.

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

The ZTR is mine. Gravely is letting me use the stander for testing and this review.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GMLC

Gravely is now the mower to beat IMO. Both the 400 series(ZTR) and Pro-Stance(stander). I ran Scag for 15 years and Im in the process of replacing them with Gravely's because I have been so impressed, especially with customer service. The mowers speak for themselves. You should really demo one.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Gravely definitely doesn't take a back seat to anyone else IMO, especially Exmark. I have been a Deere user for a VERY long time, and my shop is a virtual commercial for them. While I still very much like their machines, I do not care for the company itself, or their attitude. My next machine will most likely be a Gravely of some sort, whether it's the stander that I just demo'd or a 400 series Z. Gravely has got to be the best out there right now for customer service and concerns. I was extremely impressed by the Prostance I demo'd and would have liked to have been able to have for a longer period of time.

6. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Cool good to know. I've only talked to one other LCO using gravelies and he is impressed and he said he's used almost every brand out there at some point.

7. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a very good looking mower. It looks even tougher built than my V-Ride and I like how u can kick the back plate completely up. The deck is my only concern. The deck reminds me more of my Quick 36 than my Scag. I love my Quick 36 but it's awful in wet conditions as everyone knows. What's the running price on them?

8. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic

yep, gravely makes the JD stander untill 2013. Ariens bought Great Dane acutely. (but gravely is owned by ariens) The fixed deck Pro-Stance is the exact same thing as the Great Dane Surfer

9. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic

are you keeping any scags? do you have any 36 wbs for sale since you are getting rid of scag?

10. GMLC

I will keep you up to date on the deck. My first cut quality pics were in the rain with no problems. On the website it says price starts at $8199.
    Posted via Mobile Device