New Gravely Pro-Stance Stander Review!!! With PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Oct 4, 2012.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

My last Scag is a 52" hydro walk behind.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The saleman that brought mine out to me said they are selling them at around $7500 here. I know that price can vary across the country, but at least it's a real world selling price.

3. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Mods please delete this thread before I order a new one for spring. Thank you!!

No I'm not serious
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GMLC

Just found out that you can also get the Pro-Stance with a Kohler 23 HP EFI and the 61" has a Kawi 23 HP.

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

The salesman brought me out a bunch of the latest literature and some other stuff. I was just reading through it all when you posted just now GMLC. He did mention to me that I could have a kohler EFI if I wanted one (if I decide to buy), but I am not a Kohler fan anymore.

BTW (not that it makes much difference, but then again, since the rating change everyone seems bent on getting the most HP they can) the biggest Kawi is a 23.5 HP.

6. GMLC

I bet 1-2 HP more would be perfect on the 52" and 61". The 48" I would say is just fine with the Kawi 22 HP.

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

To be honest. I thought the 48" could use another couple ponies when I went over the leaf piles, but then again, the engine only had just over 3 hours on it. It didn't really bog down at all, but I could clearly hear the governor open a bit to keep the RPM's up, and the leaf piles weren't that deep that it should have had to open up at all IMO. I couldn't help but think at the time that if it had a mulch kit it would definitely need more power.

8. GMLC

I need to correct myself. I stated that the Pro-Stance deck seemed shallow. I measured it today and it was only a 1/2" less deep than my X-Factor deck and the same as my Velocity deck. The discharge opening is 1/2" bigger than the X-Factor!! This seems to be the reason for the excelent cut quality so far. I was totally wrong on assuming this deck was to closed and apologize. Cant wait to cut with it next week to continue my review!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. TomsLawnMowING

TomsLawnMowING LawnSite Member

How do you do leave removal in New Hampshire area?

10. GMLC

Right now we can pick up some leaves with the mowers. But in a few weeks the leaves will be a foot deep and we will blow them into piles and use big leaf loaders.
    Posted via Mobile Device