New Gravely Pro-Stance Stander Review!!! With PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Not yet. It is still too new, but the salesman said they are working on things like a bagger and striper etc.

Maybe they'll have them out by next season's start.

2. Nlawns

Nlawns LawnSite Member

thanks Ridin' Green!

3. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Hey ridin and GMLC is ere a difference btwn yalls 2 demos

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Mine was a 48" model he has the 52" version. Mine was the original version that came out this year, he has the newer upgraded version with better platform, wider discharge opening etc.

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Since they were already upgrading this machine to the version GMLC has from the version I had, they held off designing any attachmnets at first. I expect a bunch of stuff will come along soon though.

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

GMLC -- I've been following your threads about Gravely and find them very interesting ... however, I'm just curious how you first got hooked up with Gravely ?? Do you know why it was that they selected you for the demo in Orlando early this year ??

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I can't speak for the exact reason they got a hold of GMLC, but IIRC, he had stated on this forum that he was looking to buy a new mower this year. I'm guessing they did with him like they did with me, and contacted him via PM to set it up.

All I did was say that I would like to demo a Prostance sometime to possibly add to my mowing battery, and the Gravely rep got in touch with me via PM to set that up. She is very helpful, and Gravely as a company has really impressed me.

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

That's great ... they apparently monitor LS to see who wants to demo their machines ... I am impressd just by that fact alone !! Needless to say I am also impressed with Gravely, I own one of their machines already.

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I am quite sure they do, because when I first posted that I was finally getting the demo, the salesman said all they had was a 61" version, and I told him that I really needed to demo a 48" for the places I wanted to use it. he told me that they couldn't open a 48" to use as a demo this late in the season. Somehow there was a scheduling snafu so I didn't get the demo when I was supposed to, and I posted all that here. Next time he called me to set it up, he now had a 48" version with only a hair over 3 hours on it. Both the salesman, and Gravely have earned a future customer because of this.

10. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

At the end of last season I had been doing demos for almost 3 months. This spring I was just about to pull the trigger on another Scag when I first spotted the Gravely 400 series at an open house and demoed it in the parking lot as we didnt have grass yet. I posted some questions on LS asking about cut quality. Gravely contacted me by phone with the invite to Orlando to mow. The reviews were my idea and have been popular!!
    Posted via Mobile Device