New Gravely Pro Turn 200 Series

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Thunderhead, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody know anything about these mowers yet? Unless I'm way behind, I'm guessing the Pro Turn is new for 2010. I watched a video on youtube about the Pro Turn 260. I really like the looks of this mower, but have never owned a Gravely product and I'm not sure of the performance and reliability of their products.

How much do replacement parts cost for a Gravely, compared to other brands??

Thunderhead:)

2. wwls

wwls LawnSite Member

I have a Gravely PM260 XDZ with a kawasaki 27hp and 60" deck. Its been running perfectly for two seasons (about 350 hrs.) without a problem. I'd put it up against anything on the market. It's a BEAST. Its fast, rides like a cadillac, and makes a beautiful cut. The Pro Turn is supposed to require less maintenance. It must be a super machine. Gravely has a good warranty (2 yrs). The blades are the only parts I've replaced and they are cheaper than most other brands. My next mower will be a Gravely.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  3. Thunderhead

I have a new Hustler Super Z. I put about 12 hours on it so far. I haven't got to use it much but in the short time I've had it, I love it.
    I was looking at the Gravelys and really like the way they look. I even looked at them before I bought my Hustler. But the local Gravely "dealer" (if you call it that) turned me against it. I've heard bad stories about how he handles his business anyway.

An elderly man I know used to be in the grass business years ago. He had a Gravely ZTR and said he really liked his.He is what made me decide to look at them. But he bought his from a totally different dealer than the place i went to.

I mainly went with the Hustler brand because of the superb kindness and support of my local dealer.

4. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

what part of louisiana are yall from?

5. Thunderhead

I am around the Walker area. Where u from?

6. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

the baton rouge area.

7. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll know for sure tomorrow afternoon. There'll be one here at the shop.

8. Thunderhead

GravelyNut,

Let me know what your opinions are on this mower. I'd like to know any information you can give me on it. Pros and Cons and whatever else.

Thanks,

9. C.G.Y. Lawnmowing

C.G.Y. Lawnmowing LawnSite Member

I have a gravely 148m xdz and what a machine it is. I've used somebodys 260 for at least 6 years and hasn't required much besides regular maintanance. They are really nice maches and very well priced! They leave a great cut to and are super heavy duty! Gravely has my vote anyday!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Thunderhead

I love my Hustler and have no intentions what so ever to get rid of it.

This may be the wrong thread to ask, but how do you guys reat the Gravely brand to the Hustler brand?? Now don't get me wrong, I know for a fact that no matter what brand it is, the selling dealer has a Whole Lot to do with how a particular brand "shines."

Thanks,