New Gravely Stand ons?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RossP, Apr 8, 2007.

1. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

I was just swinging by my local gravely dealer and I saw one of there new stand ons outside. anyone demo one of these? how much would a 48 inch fixed deck be costing me?

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I saw them on their web site. We just bought a 152M XDZ Friday but the dealer didnt have any, plus its been snowing since this past Thursday. Our new mower looks great sittin' in our garage.:cry: They probably cut just as well as a rider does. I had more use for a stander type of mower but we needed the bagging capacity. I bet they are close to 7-8k.

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

All it is, is a red Great Dane.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

hm im guessin its got the same price tag too ??

5. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

They are under 6k here cheaper then wright but I am still going to go with a wright when I get one because they are a proven mower in this area.

6. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

it is the same the gravley is about 200 more than the dane and wrights are more than the gravley around here by a couple hundred also. I am waiting till next year when gravley can improve onit a little then were aer gonna get a 52 stand on. this year were getting a hydro 36 wb gravley

7. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I don't understand here. Does Great Dane just keep selling the rights to these stand-on mowers or what. First we got John Deere, Everride, and now Gravely. And another thing they all look the same, are they all made in the same factory?

8. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good question. I was thinking the same thing too.

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Yes, they are.

10. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

So lets say Exmark or Toro bought the rights ok.( not saying its gonna happen but just an example) Would they be forced to use that design? Or can they make their own improvements?