New Gravely..well almost

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JBird, Jun 18, 2004.

1. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

Told my salesman at John Deer Keep an eye out for a good WB. He called and said he had a Hydro-Pro 16 HP BS Vanguard (model 300) w/ a 50" deck, sit-on salke and a 40" 2-stage blower and curtain. WB is about 8 yrs old & had 450 hrs on it. Paid $750.00 for it. Little hard on the hands though. I think I got a good deal what do you think. Thing cuts beautiful

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I'll be glad to take it off your hands for $800 :) I've got an old pro100 15kaw/belt drive that runs and cuts great. I just wish it was a hydro instead.

3. rhockjr

rhockjr LawnSite Member

Jason,
    Do you still have that mower , and if so , could you give me more info on it , because I just bought a Hydro-Pro used also , it has a 40" deck and the same 16 hp b&s vanguard on it , don't know the model # or What year they made them or any info on it at all ...........post a pic of yours if you have one, i would like to see how similar they are. Any info you could give me would be appreciated.
    thanx,
    Roger

4. rhockjr

rhockjr LawnSite Member

Maybe someone else on here has one of these mowers that can give a little more info on them...........any help appreciated:D
    Thanx

Roger

5. rhockjr

rhockjr LawnSite Member

Does anyone here know if gravely ever made a snowblower attatchment for this mower , or , maybe an aftermarket company that makes one?

6. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

Yes they do I have a 40" two stage blower for mine.

7. rhockjr

rhockjr LawnSite Member

Thanx jbird , did you get it new from a dealer or did it come with the mower when you bought it................because I can see me having a hard time finding a used one and maybe just as hard of a time getting one from gravely,what do you think is my best option.

HLS

8. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

mine came with it when I bought it. it also came with a spring seat, two wheel sulky which I'd like to get rid of.