1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new Gravely Z260 can I run doubles?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Precision, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Just stepped up to the big leagues and bought a Z260. Just want to know if and how I would go about running double blades on it.

I have some areas that are only mowed on a monthly basis (drainage ditches) and think that the doubles would help to keep the deck from clogging up. Not so worried about a manicured look.

Any one running double on the Gravely Z260 or Z272?
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, you can. I'm not sure what type of spindle setup you have, as far as how the blade mounts up, though. I have heard of people doing this with their 260's, though. I have an older 300H (Gravely front deck rider) with a 60" deck, and it has cradles to hold the blades. I had to have the cradles milled out to hold another blade in order to run doubles.
  3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

thanks joe, I was looking at the spindles and it doesn't look like I could get another blade in the and still get the nut back on. Machining down the retainer or something didn't even cross my mind.

Just have to find the easily swapped part to machine down.

4. GrassBlaster

GrassBlaster LawnSite Member

Garvely sells attachments to run doubles on their 40 and 48 inch machines. I'm not sure about the 60 and 72's