new Gravely

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C4chris70, Oct 23, 2004.

1. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

I am considering replacing my 52 Scag TT with a Gravely 252z, and am wondering if anyone could tell me if I will be happy with the cut quality, and overall raliabilaty of the Gravely? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

I also am looking at the 252z. I watched my Gravely dealer let a 260z go the other day for 6,300 bucks. I thought that was really cheap. I am pretty sure I heard the price right. Let me know what kind of price you get and what the cut quality is. THanks

3. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We have a woods that was made by Gravely. If the grass is dry and not to tall then the cut quality is good. If it is even damp and doesent have to be tall the nthe deck will clog up and only blow out big clumps every now and then :angry:. It is the worst deck i've ever seen. The mower will beat you to death. Thats how rough it rides. Thats what I have to say about Gravely.

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

THe Woods machine, while made by Gravely, is not a 100% Gravely machine. Gravely does not let Woods have all the design features that they use for the Gravely machines. You should find that the Gravely deck will perform much better than the Woods deck. Go demo a Gravely though, before you buy one. I think you will like it. Disclaimer: I am a Gravely dealer. :)

6. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I have a PM 260 Gravely. Have had it since April. It gives a really good cut (st augustine and Bahai). The 260 comes with the shock absorber seat. WEll worth it. So far she is a good machine. I like it better than my John Deere or Scags I have used in the past.

Like everyone says, demo it on lawns you actually cut.