1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New & Green

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by NewBe, Mar 12, 2007.

1. NewBe

NewBe LawnSite Member

You guys are great! The encouragement and feedback has been a real blessing.
    I have another question. Do you think it's appropriate to call other lawn care pros to find out what they charge, so I can get an idea of what is a reasonable price to charge?
    Appreciate the input.
  2. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

Just my 2-cents..
    I consider the equipment the most important part of starting up a lc business. I chose to go with Ferris due to quality and they currently offer 6-months same as cash then rolls into a fixed 3.9% loan. A great interest rate. You can't get a business loan for that low of a rate.
  3. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

They probably won't talk to you much if they know your competition. But, conduct some corporate espionage and just call them acting as if you were a new customer. Tell them you just want a verbal Wild Ass Guess (WAG) quote so you can look at your budget and try to work them in. They will normally caveat the heck out of the response, but generally will give you a verbal "close" estimate.