new guy buying equipment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by contourbs, Jul 9, 2004.

1. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

i gonna start a lawn business next month and see everyone says to get a wb first.my question is i can afford a ztr,should i get one.it needs to fit inside a fence and the yards in my area are 1/4 to 1/2 acre.the question also is i dont ever see anyone in my area using a wb always a ztr.what ztr is a good choice as far as the yards sizes i would be mowing

2. Lawnboy112

Lawnboy112 LawnSite Member

I look at the Dixons there great machines. I have a 42'' 15.5 HP takes my about 20min to mow about an acre. I bought mine new for around 3200$

3. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I have a Z and a WB. For those size lots, get a 48" WB. A Z won't save you any time. Since you can afford a Z, get a hydro WB.... you can always add the Z later as you grow.

4. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

5. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

yeah but with a wb your walking or standing all day.and a 48 inch wont fit threw the gate will it

6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

What is a Dixon, never heard of them?

7. JRLAWNS727

JRLAWNS727 LawnSite Member

I have never heard of them either. Maybe it's a new brand at Wal-Mart?

8. Lakeside Lawncare

Lakeside Lawncare LawnSite Member

I was wondering if he meant Dixie Chopper..but then he said he paid $3200 for his..and I KNEW he wasent..lol

9. FosterGroundsMaint

FosterGroundsMaint LawnSite Member

10. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i like the scag walkbehinds

I played with one at the local dealership...Never cut with it though. SO i wouldnt take my advise very seriously.

trevor