new guy from kentwood michigan

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RBP, Mar 9, 2004.

1. RBP

RBP LawnSite Member
    from mi

new guy here from kentwood michigan.just starting out on my own this year.I love this site it is so cool.lots of great info.cant beleive how evryone here is so willing to help eachother out.been working for a landscape installer part time for past five years.when i told him i was going out on my own this year he was very helpful and encouraging but i never thought id find anyone else willing to give out advise and such with this buis. being so competitive.you guys are great thanks for all the knowledge and expertise you all share on here.I am going to be doing weekly mowing and mulch installs and such.Also hope to get some landscape installs to.I have 4000 doorhangers ready to go and i hope i can start getting them out by the end of this week.sorry about the long post but this is my first time posting and ijust wanted to tell evryone alittle bit about myself and say hi to evrybody.also i would like to know if there is anyone in the Grand Rapids/kentwood area that i could refer fert and pesticide apps. to.please pm me if interested.

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the site, and good luck with the business.
    You'll find ton's of good advice from good people on here, so use it to the best of your ability. There is endless amounts of knowledge, and a lot of fun here too. Good place to compare, and get great criticism on some of your plans.
    Good luck!

3. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hello fellow Michigander!! :)

Craig

4. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Welcome aboard, I just joined yesterday myself and found so much useful information. I swear, I learned more on this site in the past 2 days then I did in 4 years of high school!:D

I am from Owosso, Michigan, over between Lansing and Flint. I am a newbie this year too, getting my business going. For such a small town of 20,000 residents, there are about 10 lawn care companies in my area. Gonna be a dogfight. If I had done this idea back when I graduated high school in 1997 like I wanted to, I would be so far ahead of the game in my area. There were 2 companies back then. Now I have lots of competition. However, I dont think any of them know a thing about this site! I think it is gonna come in handy so much, I cant wait for the grass to start growing. Good luck RBP. :p

5. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hi, glad to see another Michigander on site.

6. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Welcome guys! Enjoy the site and take advantage of all of the resources at your fingertips here!

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Where the heck is Kenwood?

Welcome aboard, dude!

:D

8. lawn jockey

lawn jockey LawnSite Member

Welcome aboard. We should get lunch some time. Kentwood is just south of Grand Rapids

9. RBP

RBP LawnSite Member
    from mi

Kentwood is right next to grand rapids.