1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Guy From Rhode Island!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jim8Nascar, May 18, 2008.

1. Jim8Nascar

Jim8Nascar LawnSite Member

Hey Guys!
    How is everyone? I have just started my Lawncare business this month. ( I know it's late). I am going to try to go completely Green. I have just picked up 6 clients in the past week. Things are looking up. I will be working by myself at first and hopefully adding on as needed. I would like to talk to or get any information or tips from guys in my area. This site has been so helpful with all the infornmation provided by "The Pros"!! I will be using a product from California Called "Organica". Anyone else out there use this product? I also would like to know what kind of grass seed you guys think works best in R.I. I know I've been told by many that URI seed is not as good as it used to be! I would also like to know if there are any other places in R.I. to get GOOD used equitment besides Craig's List. In the next month or so I wil be looking into getting a BillyGoat 33 in WB or a new Quick. I seem to be doing well so far because ALL of my customers have acually asked me for more Businees cards to give to their friends becuase they were happy with my service! I always make sure that the property looks 100%better before I leave!!
    This is a list of the equiptment I have so far....
    Dodge Dakota Qaud Cab
    12 foot Landscaping Trailer
    Toro 6.5 Personal Pace
    Echo 210 Blower/VAc
    Echo Trimmer
    Electric Trimmer
    Toro Edger

Thanks for the chance to post guys! I Look foward to hearing from you!
    Olsson's_Lawncare..........Going Green one lawn at a time!

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome and Good Luck with venture.........
  3. Jim8Nascar

Jim8Nascar LawnSite Member

Thank You! It's been about three weeks since I started but It seems I get a new customer every week. It's a ggod feeling working for yourself. I have been lucky the weather has been good up here. By the way, I think I answered my question about grass seed up here. Alot of people use a rye grass seed. Oh well gotta go mow!!
    Thanks again!
  4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

welcome got any detailed questions pm me

I used to live in RI.