new guy getting started

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by robertbc, Mar 4, 2006.

1. robertbc

robertbc LawnSite Member

Joe sorry for all the stupid ?I am just trying to learn before junping in to sealcoating,The tnak would be like the 300 you had for sale .Is the only way to do this s to pour into buckets?

2. joeE

joeE LawnSite Senior Member

Well, you need to get the sealer to the asphalt. Some guys build a sealer wheeler that holds 15-20 gal for bigger jobs. When I broom, I let my wand dump out 5 gal for me. My nephew made a 3 bucket wheeler for supplying his dad with sealer. Now he can spend more time resting in the shade.

3. robertbc

robertbc LawnSite Member

I thiink i'm doomed before starting.Before buyng eguipment i would find a distributer for sealcoat.Called sealmaster,starseal and neyra.They all said knew of no dist in my area or state.So then i called up some of the bigger sealcoating companys they to had the same response. don't want to quit before i start but getting frustrated.

4. RayGauthier

RayGauthier LawnSite Member

Hi Guy's
    I could be very wrong but a guy from down in the States called me here in Canada that had seen my web site and wanted to chat. We were talking and he said that he use to seal but now there was a ban on the product that he was spraying I can't remember to product but that mite be your problem maybe call and see if that is your case. Look around maybe try the phone book and call a sealer and find out what they are using and track it down.
    :canadaflag:

5. joeE

joeE LawnSite Senior Member

Robert
    Nice post on NPCA. That should help. You may have to drive aways but Iam sure you will find someone to sell you sealer. The more gal they buy the lower the price is for them. Some guys dont like to see new sealer guys in there area. Go thru phone books of the surrounding areas. Just rember, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

6. robertbc

robertbc LawnSite Member

Well ifound someone that acan get sealer from thanks to a guy in NPCA.Sounds good he is a dist. and knows fo people near that would sell to me. He uses neyra,He is also having a show April 6 on equipment. it FEELS GOOD TO MAKE SOME PRGRESS.I let you know how i make out.Thanks for the support

7. RayGauthier

RayGauthier LawnSite Member

Good luck on your new venture.
    Hope everything works out for ya !!!!!!!
    :canadaflag: