1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New guy here... Redmax Probs

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Kona74, May 22, 2006.

1. Kona74

Kona74 LawnSite Member

Hi everyone...Awesome forum here!!!!!! I have 2 redmax eb7001's one of them is lacking power and once I shut it down its almost impossible to start again the other just doesnt start at all I have spark and fuel going to the cylinder just wont turn over. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
  2. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

check the usual stuff...plugged muffler, dirty air filter, fouled plug, bad gas. try the mixture screws...1 turn from lightly seated is a good starting place. feel the fuel lines...if they feel like overcooked pasta, they need replaced. modern fuel eats fuel lines. are you sure the fuel/oil mix is correct?
  3. Kona74

Kona74 LawnSite Member

yeah the mixture is good... sometimes my guys tend to use 32:1 instead of 50:1 because theyre not paying attention. I didnt see any mixture screws on the carb though.
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Put in a new plug as a starter. I don't think they have carb adjustment on those unit. I would take the carb apart and clean it out since both units are failing you might have got dirt in the gas also dump all gas and start new so no chance of water.
  5. Kona74

Kona74 LawnSite Member

plug is good, carb is new, coil is new has good spark....compression is good this is driving me crazy. I had to rebuild this engine due to someone putting straight gas in it so everything internally is pretty much new.:confused:
  6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Will it run or start without the muffler being on?
  7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Check the compression on your cylinder there. You may have put to much gasket material or not enough for that matter when you rebuilt it.
  8. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

yank out your spark arestors...if they are cloged then thats your problem....take a blow torch to then and tap then aganst the work bench to clear the debris...

sound like this may be your problem
  9. Kona74

Kona74 LawnSite Member

I took the muffler off and it still did nothing... tested the compression it was at 120... maybe I need a preist...lol
  10. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

120 is on the low side...did you replace the base gasket when rebuilding?