New guy in S.E. MI

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JoeDirtLawn, Jun 9, 2014.

1. JoeDirtLawn

JoeDirtLawn LawnSite Member

Hey there guys,

Just Introducing myself here. I've been lurking and reading on here for quite some time now, so thanks for all the help I have already gotten!

I Just really started my company this year, but have been doing Lawn Care/ Landscaping on and off again for the last 6+years. I was lucky enough to find a decent subcontracting gig to get me on my feet, and mostly through craigslist I have about 12 of my own accounts. some were good, some not so good, but it is free advertising so... Anyways, I work solo right now and I am currently cutting about 75ish lawns a week. (the number fluctuates because the contractor has a investment property account that adds/removes lots almost weekly)
    the equipment I have right now is:
    48" John Deere WB, from the 70's (14HP I think)
    38" John Deere commercial WB (14hp Kawi)
    21" Craftsman (7hp)
    21" Snapper (Free!!)
    Echo backpack blower (50cc)
    2 cheap Ryobi expand it trimmer/edger combos (work well enough for now)
    1995 GMC 3500 350tbi 4x4
    1989 F250 7.3idi 4x4
    2001 F250 5.4 4x4 8.2 boss v blade (Plow truck)

theoretically I'm picking up a 36" World Lawns today. I know they get mixed reviews, but my Local dealer whom I have had a relationship with for a few years is VERY willing to stand behind it, in both reliability and cut quality.

Well, I am currently trying to figure out the best way to make the transition from subcontracting to my own accounts.

anyways, just checking in and thanks guys

~Joe

2. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.