1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Guy In Snow

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by scottmcherry, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottmcherry

scottmcherry LawnSite Member

I Have 18 Years Experince In The Landscape Industry And Snow Removal-this Year I'm Going To Venture Into The Snow Removal Business Myself. I Need To Come Up With A Snow Proposal/bid Sheet And Some Sort Of Contract Soon. I Have The Opportunity To Bid A Few Places( 1 30-unit Condo,4 Shops,15 Residential Drives,2 Doctors Offices) That Are In Conjunction With My Lawn Route. I'm Thinking $125.00 Per Hr. For 08 Ram 2500 W/ 8.5' Fisher Xtreme V, And$110/ton For Salt--$38.50/bag Calc.chlor. Are These Numbers In Line Or Not? I Don't Want To Be The Low-baller But I Want To Stay Within Reasonable Range. I Need To Put Pricing Down On A Bid Sheet And Was Wondering If Anyone Had Any Examples I Could Take A Look At. Lawn Bids And Contracts Are Easy--alot More To Account For In Snow. Any Help Would Be Appreciated

2. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Join lawnsite's sister site...... www.plowsite.com

Everybody over there will be able to help ya out. You might even be ble to search and find something on there already. Good Luck.:)

3. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

as POPO4995 pointed out, we like to keep the snow and ice discussions on www.plowsite.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.