New Guy, Need Some Orlando Florida Pros for some general questions.Thanx

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by vaulta, Feb 10, 2007.

1. vaulta

vaulta LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Hello, I just bought a 48" Lesco used. I am looking to get about 25 accounts for something on the side. I own a screen repair business also. Had a couple of questions.
    1. I am a little confused in pricing out a lawn. All Iam offering is cut,edge,mow,blow. My overhead is low, I put my mower in my van and Iam working solo. When I look at a lawn should I figure how long it will take me and price from thier. What is the going rate in Orlando Florida?
    2. Do commercial walk behinds break down alot even with me doing only 25 too 30 small houses. Are they easy to fix yourself, I used to work on my dirtbike all the time too fix problems?
    3.Does flyering for advertising work good, anyone give me a ratio too jobs earned?
    4.When in Florida do lawns need too go once a week?
    5. Is it very hard too get accounts in Orlando.
    Thank you so much for any advice, I do really apreachate it!!
  2. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

Good questions 1.I charge 25 a cut and I can knock 2 to 4 houses an hour solo.You could get more It just depends on the area. 2.No,thats why there comm.Yes there easy to work on.Oil,filter,and plug.If you keep these right you'll be ok. 3.I tried a few last year and was'nt happy.I hear these guys talk about good results so I'll try again.Its a #thing.The more out the more In. 4.It depends on the year.When the rain starts so does the grass.Bahia will be slower. 5.No.If you have a fair price and good work,then you'll be ok.I try to get them to go year round.35 a cut or 100 a month.No bi-weekly.Take what you can get to start but pay attention to any things you dont like so you can avoid them next time.If you need any help In real time I can give you my number just let me know.I've been doing this for about 15 years now.About 13 for every one else,and 2 for me
  3. vaulta

vaulta LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

thanks Chuck I do apreachate it! Yea I would love to give you a call and talk a little. I am 26 and tired of working for corporations and ready to do my own thing. You can email me with your number. Thanks alot