new guy ... new site

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by CBrosLawn, Feb 20, 2006.

1. CBrosLawn

CBrosLawn LawnSite Member

Hey all,

I joined the site a month ago and it's been probably the best resource of finding information that I've come across...besides school. Anyways I set up a website for my business and would like some opinions.

www.cbroslawncare.com

It's nothing flashy, and I'm looking for my pictures that I have from 3 properties last year and I wasn't going to use someone else's work and pass it off as mine therefore it lacks the visuals so far. Any suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated no matter how harsh :eek: heh

Chris

2. UtahGrassBust

UtahGrassBust LawnSite Member

Being on the net is a great way to show your up with the times. I've got one too.

Make sure and tell your customers to visit.

Good luck this spring

Make sure they can e-mail you

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

What is your name? C and Brothers? It doesn't have a smooth ring to it. What about C........... Brothers landscaping? JMO

Chris

4. CBrosLawn

CBrosLawn LawnSite Member

well I go by "C and Bros Lawn Care" not the full Brothers
    *shrugs no ones (clients) ever mentioned/called it as C and Brothers before to me

5. C.T.Scapes

C.T.Scapes LawnSite Member

You should make sure you let your clints know that it is 10% OFF spring and fall cleanups. Not 10% spring and fall cleanups.:)

6. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

Great start, pictures are everything.... I think maybe a nicer logo and a little more text, and a lot more pics and you will be there.

There are so many people who put up a site unprepared. If you don't have pics of your work, don't do a site.. Just a page with contact info and secure your domain name at best... Don't try to turn nothing into something. I took pics for 3 years before I put my site up. And I am not even close to happy with the amount and quality of my pics yet.

A website alone is not a big part in bringing business. I think you are better off not having one than a bad one.

Think of this...

You meet a electrician in the coffee shop, looks presentable, well spoken... Clean cut... You have a great impression...

You shake hands and get his card, and you will call him when you need something.

Then you watch him walk out into a 1978 Dodge van with missing hubcaps and rusty spots. That just turned your good impression into a bad one. If your material will not make a great impression, don't present it at all.

That electrician would have been better off walking down the street than getting into his beat up van.

7. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a good point.

And within that reasoning, some people may need to start with a single home page.

Many sites are a single page with one nice photo and the contact info - a web presence. The same photo, as a template, can be used on each of several pages too.

Usually, anybody can get at least one single good photo, even if you need to pay $30 for one online as a decoration. It's referred to as stock photography.

8. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Not to rain on your parade, but you may want to consider a name change. Your name does not convey professionalism. It sounds like kids for lack of better words. Choosing a name is very important. I have chaged mine several times until I was happy with the results. I always tried to stay away from anything with a persons first name. Try to relate to the area but not to specific. From our name, you can pretty much tell where we are from, where we work, ect. If you use a name ie: Joe's Lawn Care, it gives the impression of being a single person ect. Just a thought, but I have been there. Here is a list of names I went through before deciding.

Modern Lawn Care
    Shoreline Landscaping
    Grassman
    R.M. Baker & Sons
    EnvyGreen
    Clean Cut
    Metro....

some were companies that we bought
    others were companies that went under

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

On the name... If you say it right, it doesn't sound too bad, phonetically speaking:
    Seeanbros... Zeennbros... Cienbros... Not bad, really.
    But what Metro Lawn said does carry substantial weight, he makes a good point and I would tend to agree.

Back to the site...
    Overall it really looks pretty good.

Consider validating the code :)

10. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Any opinions from Metro or Topsites on my homepage www.cutinedge.com