New guy sign on trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Field King, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Field King

Field King LawnSite Senior Member

This is my first year in the lawn service, I have a full time job but plan to go full time in lawn care in 3 to 5 years if all goes well, any way my short term goals are, get some work, equipment and get my name ot there. Here is a pic of the sign I laser cut at work on my new to me used trailer, what do u all think, I will be having the trailer sand blasted and painted at the end of the season. I am calling my service "LAWN RANGER" so I made the sign look like a Texas Rnger badge! - p.s, the phone numbers are very clear they just picked up my bumber in the pic.
    [​IMG]

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

That is cool....very different and will stand out and make people remember you and your biz......good luck!!:drinkup:

3. MortonLawn

MortonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

isn't that a split tailgate??

4. Field King

It was a split gate but I welded a small angle on top to make it 1 piece, not real heavy as it is made of 2x2x3/16, I can handle it for now! Besides I have been slingin steel for 25 years now(my full time job) I am kinda used to it!

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Nice looking, is that water jet cut? I'll bet that sign wasn't cheap, unless you know somebody that does water cutting.

6. Field King

I run CNC oxy-fuel burning machines and multi-processing Plasma machines, we also have a Laser machine and I had my co-worker cut it out of a piece of 36" x 36" 11 gauge hot roll commercial quality steel that was headed to the scrap yard, I paid scrap for the steel and the laser cut was free! I then painted it silver like a real badge, but I may change my color scheme when I have the trailer painted! It is un-believable what the company I work for throws out, I can buy for my use but they frown on me buying to resell!

7. Holleys Landscaping

Holleys Landscaping LawnSite Member

Dont bother sandblasting your trailer if you dont have to. I just finished my trailer and it was pretty rusty. I just spent an hour or two wire brushing it then tore off the fenders and welded on new ones then painted the whole thing with a sprayer. Sandblasting in kinda expensive too.

8. Field King

Thanx, I am debating doing it myself to save money or getting estimates!

9. Holleys Landscaping

Holleys Landscaping LawnSite Member

One of my buddies was gonna sandblast it for free if I just paid for the sand but I decided to just do it myself.