1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new guy starting off in commmercial prop.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by irish1980, Oct 27, 2007.

1. irish1980

irish1980 LawnSite Member

I'm just starting off and i landed a apt. complex. Its 190 units and roughly 20 acres in area but actual grass maybe 8 to 10. just to trim and mow i bid 2,950 a month cut once a week. then i got a second bid on the same prop. for cutting down about 40 over sized shrubs, they r about 12ft by 8 ft basically shrubs that turned into trees. 120 reg. size shrubs that just need reg trimming. 3 15x20 flowerbeds in frot of the complex signs to be redesigned and mulched. I bid this at 8,200 there will be me and my partner doing this work. i just wanted to know if i was in the ballpark with these bids? im in central fl by the way!
  2. Naples

Naples LawnSite Member

Sounds like a full time job,LOL. As to the 8 to 10 acres only you know the lay of the land. How long do you reckon it will take you to cut and trim this property. Whats the degree of difficulty, lotta cars? trash? type of renters, Degree of risk of damage? How much help do you have ,just yourself? Type of equipment you have/down time? Commercial properties of that size can really take a toll on equipment do you have backup? There are so many variables that only you know so for someone else to put a price on something they have not seen wouldn't be worthwhile a opinion because only you know all these things