New Guy To Lawnsite.com

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rico387, Sep 25, 2004.

1. rico387

rico387 LawnSite Member

Greetings to all. I am new to LS. after lurking for a year, I dropped a couple of replys to things that I have strong opinions on (saftey issuses), but I forgot to introduce myself properly with due respect to long time members. My name is Rick (the fireman) and my biz is in Tampa, Fl. I have been an LCO for over 10yrs. and while my lawn biz is a sideline, I take it very seriously. I am neither a scrub (as my biz has to be legit) nor am I soley dependent on my small biz. Either way I own a small biz and share many of the same concerns as the rest of you. I have enjoyed advice from all the old guys, been impressed with the patience with the upstarts remedial questions, and have found the different viewpoints interesting. I look forward to lively debates and will never hold back on any input, especially where safety is concerned. I hope I will be welcomed into the Lawnsite community.

Rick IAFF local 2294
    Tampa, Fl.
    Hurricane Capital Of The Universe.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Welcome Rick, hope you contribute and learn alot from Lawnsite. Now the most important thing to remember as a member is to never under any circumstance p!zz me off :laugh: :laugh:

Mac

3. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Welcome Rick :waving:

R U ready for Jeanne?

edit: Oh yeah, word of advice -- don't piss off Mac

4. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Glad you're here, Rick !!!

5. welcome rick ..this place has a lot of great people ..............NOT INCLUDEING MISTER MAC THO LOL.

Haha just kidding mac lol

6. rico387

rico387 LawnSite Member

I an boarded up and as ready as I can be. I'm on duty at fire rescue tomorrow. They called me a little while ago and said leave for work 2 hours early to make sure I get to the fire station. Flooding in my area has been pretty bad. My sister lost her home to Charley, Francis clobbered her new home. I live on the south bank of the Alafia River and am high and dry on a hill. After Ivan, the people on the north bank were in canoes looking down at the roofs of their homes. Thanx for the kind welcome. Mac... With all due respect-At some point, I promise to p!zz you off. Sorry. Nature of the beast.
    Rick IAFF local 2294

7. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

sorry to hear of your hurricane problems. My parents and brother are still cleaning up from Ivan in Pensacola.

good luck with Jeanne.

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Rick I understand how being called in early and the hurricanes have you stressed out, so I'll just take your last comment as being under duress :p
    Hate to cut the belly of the beast out :cool:

Welcome Mac

9. rico387

rico387 LawnSite Member

Thanx for the warm welcome to all. To Odin, I say Hoorah! Hurricanes and not to be forgotten-tropican storms, and even Florida thunderstorms are a constant reminder that we all want to see the hand of God. But when he shows up it is pretty big. We all just deal with it as best we can and accept that it is part of the price of living in paradise. Florida has it's faults but it is my home. Our Governor JEB Bush has really stepped up and proved himself to be a great disaster manager. I specify JEB because of whatever your politics are I want due credit given to the right guy regardless of his least name. Throughout Fl. all LCOs have had to extend their sense of community. Many of us have brought our empty trailers to neighbors of our accounts to help clean up debris. I've had next door neighbors that looked down on my clients for not being "manley and cutting their own grass" ride with me to the dump to get rid of debris. BTW- I gave that neighbor a cap w/my co. logo on it and when I was cutting last week, he was cutting too on his Snapper, wearing my cap. It is amazing at how Americans pull together in hardships.
    Rick local IAFF 2294
    BTW I am sure that I got the storm name in wrong order, but they kinda run together.

10. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to LS Rick. Lots of fun stuff and valuable info as well as interesting people here - o, and BTW, don't believe a word Bobby Gedd tells you. :rolleyes: The stories he comes up with is enough to drive any priest to alcolism :drinkup: