New guy with questions.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chicks-dig-lawn-guys, Dec 12, 2001.

1. chicks-dig-lawn-guys

chicks-dig-lawn-guys LawnSite Member

Well I have been cutting since I was 8. I started my own little business when I turned 16 and could drive. Using my parents and grandparents stuff I was able to buy my own equipment. Now that I am 18 and getting out of Highschool I plan on going into Horticulture. I was wondering what other courses I might should take. Also with mine not being in high school anymore I am planning on starting my business full force while at the same time working for a professional in the process to learn. So how do you usually price your clients? What do you find to be the best mowers for residential customers? Have any tips? I would appreciate all the help I can get cause I plan on doing this the rest of my life. Thanks buches. PEACE!

2. casey

casey Guest

Here's a tip, get two sets of cards made up, one for your customers & one for chicks, listing your profession as a Neurosurgeon.

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Come on now Casey... thats now way to treat a new member.

Hello,

First off, Welcome to LawnSite.com.

Get yoru business license and insurance.

I think learning the ropes by working for a company is a good idea. If you gain a good relationship with your boss you might be able to start your own company at the same time. He might just give you the extra work or not wanted work.

Use the search funtion of LawnSite.com by following the search link. You can read through past discussions on topics you are looking for.

Good luck.

Chuck Keough

4. Better yet make your specialty gynecology and offer free exams.

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

6. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Not-Around-Here-They-Don't lol

7. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just wanted to compliment you on your choice of names. Now if it were only true;)

Good luck with school and business. I use Emark for residential and commercial accounts. There is an Exmark forum here at Lawn Site if you wanted more info on them. Or you can use the search to find info on the many other brand names of equip.

8. G.Williams

G.Williams LawnSite Member

Hey Lawn Dog, Too bad they are the second best team in PA! Go EAGLES!!!!

9. chicks-dig-lawn-guys

chicks-dig-lawn-guys LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info dudes. For those who had something smart to say......"Is this where you want to be when Jesus comes, making fun of the new yard guy?" I mean just cause you cant get a woman dont mean you need to take it out on me.:D