1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New guy with Wright Stander?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Chig, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Chig

Chig LawnSite Member

I bought a new 36" fixed deck 17hp stander. Yesterday I had to mow 2 accounts that were overgrown and very wet. When I got home, I cleaned out the deck which was packed full of wet grass. Today when I engaged the blades (I engage the blades at half throttle), there was some belt noise. Initially, the belt seemed to be flopping into the belt tensioner. Could mowing wet grass stretch the belt? Can the tension be adjusted manually?

I did mow one account with it today and the cut still looked good. The noise seemed to get better the longer it ran, but you could still notice it every once in awhile. I sent my wife to get a new belt, but the dealership sent her home with the wrong one, so I will have to wait until Monday to exchange it. The owner's manual is no help at all. Is there a service manual (Clymer manual) that is made for these mowers?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Spring loaded idler on mine so can't be adjusted. Just be sure the idler is rotating freely. A belt could have been damaged if run under a big load for a long time...they get pretty darn hot.