New guy!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mjared1, Nov 7, 2005.

1. mjared1

mjared1 LawnSite Member

Hello

I'm starting in the mowing business very soon and need hints on the right stuff for advertising, by the way is anybody here from Australia? As I noticed allot of you from USA, anyway I am going to get some flyers and business cards done, even thinking of the radio because its pretty cheap here. Anyway is there any free templates or something I could work from that anybody could provide me with just as a guide?

Thank You

2. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

hi howare you and welcome i started this time last year and havent looked back first thing i did was buy ute trailer all the toys got insurance registered then advertised in the local paper the lacal paper is the best way to advertise once you get customers put flyers in the letterboxes in that street by the way doing a good job on that lawn is also a good advert stick close to this site also i have been learning alot from this site it has made alot of difference to my business these last few months if you want my email adress just ask all the best mate by the way what of nsw are you from

3. mjared1

mjared1 LawnSite Member

Cool a fellow aussie. I'm from Cooma. I bought a Nissan patrol the other day, I am going to use that, it has no sit in the back so loads of room. Later on I will get a trailer and can you tell me what sort of insurance you need?

4. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

beautiful place cooma i lived in canberra for 8 years i have public liability and my all my gear all up it cost me around 800 ayear i think most commercial jobs demand you are insured for at least 5 mill.