1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Guy

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by laxweber37, Jul 18, 2007.

1. laxweber37

laxweber37 LawnSite Member

I am starting up on my own next season here in Long Island NY. I will be purchasing all my equipment in early Sept. When is a good time to start advertising and attempting to get my name out there for potential customers. I was thinking of staying with the company am am with right now and doing some fall clean ups and a few cuts here and there prior to fall. Any sugestions. I don't want to wait too long and miss the beginning of next season without customers. And I do not want to be looking for new customers when people are not really looking that far ahead yet. Any advice is welcome.
  2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

right now is the best time get youre name out there dont waste a second and if youre not starting up until next year keep working until then to keep the cash flow coming in
  3. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are starting next season then that is when you should start advertising. Advertising any sooner will be a waste of money. What do you say to someone who sees your ad and calls? I can come out next spring. It's ridiculous.
  4. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

He makes a great point. You need to be fully prepared before you advertise. It's the only way to go.
  5. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

When does spring start in N.Y. ? If your gonna start next year ,I'd start Addvertising 4-5 weeks before Mowing begins in N.Y. If your not gonna start now your wasting your money,i would think ... Make a business plan and stick to it.