New guy!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by xcopterdoc, Nov 22, 2003.

1. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Howdy!
    I'm new here so I thought I would introduce myself. I'm a mechanic with over 25 yrs experience. I'm currently employed at a large nursery and landscaping company in NC. I work on everything from weedeaters to Cat dozers. I hope I can learn something here and also be of help to others.

2. Honda Jesus

Honda Jesus LawnSite Member

Howdy xcopterdoc,

New to this forum myself, 27 Years experience, all in the Equipment Rental Industry. Can now retire (early 40's, 35' 5th wheel I live in full time, Volvo tractor to pull it, and my bike, what else does a man need? I gave house to kids. Experience similar to yours (you know, piston goes this way, valves go like this, I'll figure it out!!). Hoping I can learn something also.

I was told Helicopters don't fly, they actually beat the air into submission. Was I told correctly?

3. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

yeah I worked equipment rental too turning wrenches on the road and shop, then as service mgr. Never again! Yeah its true what they say about helicopters.. its when they QUIT beating the air, that the real fun begins! ;-)

4. Honda Jesus

Honda Jesus LawnSite Member

I have never compromised my integrity, unless, of course, I wanted to stay employed. Always felt it would be better to not tell my folks I work in the rental industry, they still think I'm a piano player in a W@#$e house. Not real proud of it, but man, the money was sure good!!!