New guy

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by D Felix, Jan 21, 2004.

1. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, I'll introduce myself. I've seen a couple of new guys over at Arboristsite do it, so I'll do it here.

My name is Dan. I live in Indiana, born and raised here. I'm married (2 years) and have a 9 month old daughter.

Now the reason I'm here.:) I've been working in the industry for probably better than 10 years. I've been around it my whole life. Dad has been landscaping for as long as I can remember, and I started helping him mow in my early teen years. I went through the Landscape Horticulture and Design program at Purdue University, and have been working full time for the last 3 years almost. Worked summers for various firms while in school, in Lafayette area as well as Indianapolis. After I got out of Purdue, I worked for 1 1/2 years for a company on the north side of Indy, and since a year ago last November have been working for a company closer to home. When it comes to landscape work, I think I've done just about all there is to do. Installs (anywhere from a couple hundred $ to $300k++), maintenance, grading and seeding, hardscapes, ponds, you name it, I've probably been involved with it at some point or another.

While I've done just about everything, I won't ever claim to know everything! I hope to learn from people here, as well as teach a little too.

As I said, I'm a member on Arboristsite. That ought to tell you something-- I'm a tree guy! I'll probably get on a soapbox from time to time about them, so be prepared!:D

Anyway, I've rambled long enough, I've got a lot of reading to do here. Good to meet everyone!

Dan

2. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

welcome dan

3. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

What's your favorite tree?

4. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

My favorite tree? Any that is already existing!:D

There are exceptions though.:)

Stick around me long enough and you'll find out I'm very opinionated on certain things. Passionate even...

Dan

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the site :)