New Guys Job - Please comment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by twins_lawn_care, Aug 5, 2003.

1. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

We are just starting out, and wanted to show some of our work and get some feedback. Any comments appreciated as we are in the learning process. This job we basically removed all trees along the side of the house. Let us know how it looks, and any suggestions, comments welcome!
    Thanks
    TWINS Lawn Care

before.jpg

2. twins_lawn_care

here's after we got through

after.jpg

3. twins_lawn_care

The whole front of the house was a big project for us, which we worked on also. Mainly the front bushes and the two tall pines. Basicall before we started, you could not walk on the sidewalk, and the pines almost touched the ground with dead branches. We evened them off to a healthy height, and did the best we could.
    The customer was more than happy with the work, as they have not had any work done in 6 years!

Any comments appreciated, as we are new and learning.

Thanks

front.jpg

4. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Nice improvements. Now, get them to remove those overgrown yews and add some modern landscaping to the front.

5. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i agree with mike. they need some newer landscape designs.

6. twins_lawn_care

Thanks for the replies guys.

We totally agree that they need some up to date landscaping, but they wanted to work with what they had for now.
    I wish we had bought the camera earlier to have the before shot, but take my word for it, it was bad!

Just curious, about what would you guys charge to have done just the side of the house, where we removed 2 Mulberry trees?

We are still learning the ins and outs of estimating, and any help is better than none.
    Thanks!
    TWINS Lawn Care

7. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Twins - I would have removed those trees for around $250, give or take.

8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hey Twins_lawn_care,

Nice work! The property looks a lot cleaner now :)

9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Good Job!!

If they are set on keeping the Yews. Why not sell them a project to bring the beds forward, rework the perennials (looks like prennials in there) Do an in front under planting of Azaleas or somthing, make the Yews look smaller.

Side where the fence is. Clean it out and lay down some fabric and gravel

10. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Wooo HOOOO !!!!

You should be on HGTV! Curb appeal all the way!!!

WHAT the hel is that pvc pipe running on the side of the house??????????

Come-on, my granma can cut down a shrub and trim two shrubs.... show us some work and some talent...
    :D

The shrubs are not even EVEN. The one on the left is lower. Look at the window panes compared to the top of the shrub....

Two trees?? Four saw cuts and hauled to the curb to chop in 8' sections... that's before breakfast on a Monday....Come on....

If they are happy--- Great! But nothing to blow horns about... Keep going... show me something COOOL!

And again, WHAT IS THAT PVC looking crapp on the side of the side of the house!!!