New Hampshire, Delaware Tax free mowers...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jackman, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Found this to be intresting that in these two states (no sales tax) we could buy a 10,000 dollar mower and not pay state tax a savings of over 800 dollars...... Anybody do this? I may have a small road trip in the very near future......

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Never thought about it, not a bad idea.

3. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

Hello,
    I Love the Granite State (New Hampshire)

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Hadn't thought about that. There's one diamond retailer that always runs radio ads "Delaware, home of tax-free shopping".

Virginia sales tax on my Viking was $182.50, probably not worth it considering it would consume most of the day to get over there and back. But for something larger it could be worth it.

5. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

I am getting that warm fuzzy feeling also :D .....

6. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Here in N.Y. an 8,300 dollar Lazer Z and 2,000 dollar Ultra vac has a sales tax of 849 dollars...... Dang thats a chunk of change....... There got to be a catch to this....... What am I missing????

7. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

jackman,

I forgot to mention the retail price for the Viking was $3,650, with 5% sales tax coming to an additional $182.50. If I'd gotten it a month earlier the sales tax was still 4.5%. For 10k I'd probably head over to Delaware.

8. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Hoolie,
    I hear ya 5% is worth the trip, up here in N.Y its 8 1/4%...... The down side to is my local dealer who I have much respect for is not going to like my decision, but how can anyone disregaurd that type of savings.......

9. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

We Granite Staters love it when you come up and buy from our great dealerships!

Come one come all!