New Hampshire - Southern Maine Seacoast

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by Ursushorribilus, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Ursushorribilus

Ursushorribilus LawnSite Member

Who's here on the Seacoast? GreenMonster, what part of New Hampshire are you from. I sure could use some input from local boys and/or girls as to the business opportunities and conditions here. I'm gearing up for next spring 05.

2. Ursushorribilus

Boy, it's lonely up here in New Hampshire:( Helloo, helloo, is anybody out there?

3. T. Matthews

T. Matthews LawnSite Member

Northern Mass here on the NH border

4. Ursushorribilus

Hey, T. Matthews, there is someone living and breathing in my neck of the wood on lawnsite! I have a friend in the Amesbury area that is landscaping, and growing in leaps and bounds. He is actually one of the reasons that I'm jumping into this game, I've been watching the growth of his operation and am impressed. Any advice for a new kid on the block? How's the job market for you in that area? I know there's plenty of money to go around on the seacoast, and have at least one landscaper in Portsmouth that's gonna throw me some of his extra work, as well as a lawncare operation in the area that wants me to take some properties he doesn't have the equipment to handle. Tony

5. T. Matthews

T. Matthews LawnSite Member

Hey good luck to you. That is a great area for work lots of people with money to spend. I keep a small business work is plentifully. Just a word of advise one read as much as you can on landscaping and business and two one of the most reasons new businesses fail is due to success. People don't know how to manage it and it can be a killer so be careful.

6. JonM

JonM LawnSite Member

I am from Bedford, NH... it's a town neighboring Manchester, however, I am only in the starting phases myself.

7. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Hey Tony.

I'm in Wakefield, which is about 25 miles north of Rochester. My main areas of services are Wakefield (duh) and East side of Winni -- Wolfeboro, Tuftonboro, etc. I have gone as far south as Portsmouth and Hampton for install work this year.

I know there are about a hundred and one LCO's in Tri-city area, but I'm sure there is plenty of work to go around. I've seen some great work from guys in your area and some real shoddy stuff too.

Good Luck!

8. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I am in Hampton Falls and service the coast up to Portsmouth.

There seems to be plenty of work out there from what I have seen. I am lucky and have gotten most of my work this year from referalls.

Are you planning on an install and/or maintenance business?

Lawnchoice

Green Monster - BTW, did you have a truck in Hampton/North Hampton a week ago? I was coming from Lesco and thought that I saw your truck and now am just putting two and two together.

9. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

um, I don't think I had a "lettered" truck in that area a week ago, although I was recently at Lesco with a different truck.

My truck is a green (duh!), 1 ton F-350 with tall plywood sides. I was on Exeter road doing a renovation earlier this year. LCO cutting across the street with scags and a cabover -- that you?

10. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

We take care of a restaurant on Rte 27 in Exeter but don't run cabovers. Those are pretty popular around here though!

Just thought I would ask as I am always looking around to see what other LCO's are up to!

Good luck finishing up the fall.