New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC, Feb 22, 2007.

1. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 LawnSite Senior Member

HAHA. dont you love the dot paperwork. I started off with dot, and i think it was the best choice, because i never knew what it was like to not have to worry about paperwork.

2. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like alot of wasted time!
    I have to many customers to even think about doing that.

3. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

The same here, I could never think of billing daily. I have trouble doing it monthly.

4. jsaunders

X2!:laugh::laugh::laugh: I have everything on computer invoices and it still takes acouple of hours.

I'm lucky to get mine out by the middle of the following month.

5. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

billy daily keeps those who get behind (who really don't want to pay) out of the cycle. i think it's a good idea if you could keep up with it. i HATE chasing people for money:nono: but it's a necessity...

6. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Good point. If i plowed I would bill after each storm. I would hate to bill at the end of the month and not know until another month passes that you aren't getting paid and they owe you 2 months.

7. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 LawnSite Senior Member

Jason welcome to the life of COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTS. Driveways sure you could bill once a week or even daily if you had the time.

But on commercial its a hit or miss. the lady in account payables will eaither love you for billing after each storm to keep them up to date on there expences, or they will shoot you because they are getting a couple invoices a week from the same contracter, which means alot of paperwork.

every commercial account is differint, i have a few that get billed after each event, a few that are monthly and then seasonal.

but at the same time, i dont do any residential accounts, so i dont need to worry about chasing down 50 somethings driveways ..

8. jsaunders

When you have good customers you don't have to worry about NOT GETTING YOUR MONEY!
    Plus I would rather have money 'out there' then not have it at all. Helps keep a constant flow of money coming in.

9. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya i was talking residential. Mainly new customers who you havent had the chance to build any relationship with

10. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Not really sure what you guys do when you say you bill after each snow event..(residential) What do you get out of the truck and go up to the door and collect? or do you send out in the mail the day after? either way it seems waaaaaaaaaaaay to much time. I sent out at the end of month via quickbooks and it's all recorded on the laptop. But everyone does stuff different which ever works.I have two right now late still owes from Dec. but guess who gets plowed out last..and when I have time this last storm.