New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC, Feb 22, 2007.

1. A-Cut-ABOVE

A-Cut-ABOVE LawnSite Senior Member

Chevy all the way.... well up to the 3500 series.. then ill take my f550 after that..
    Although if I could put my d-max motor into my f550 chassis... that would be dream work truck!!!!!

2. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Ken..... im telling you put a $400 chip and a better intake ($175) on the 7.3 and you will have 300 hp @ the wheel---- so much better -----you will almost forget about the d-max

and you only have 190-200 @ the wheel right now stock!!!

let me know and i'll hook you up

3. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the overall look of the 4500... It looks like a real truck! The f550 is a f350 wannabee. I'd take a 4500 with the dually truck bed on big diesel truck rims as a daily driver.... That's wet my pants material
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

MMMmmmm I will take my "chip" truck, now thats got nuts boys:weightlifter:
    Peanuts, cashews, honey roasted, almonds.

5. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 LawnSite Senior Member

Ken, A exhaust on your 7.3 would make a huge differince when towing... keeping the egts down.

I did a Intake, 5 inch turbo back exhaust and a CHIP AND MY TRUCK LOVES TO TOW NOW.

6. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

my 01 cummins had around 400 rear wheel horsepower (limited by the stock turbo). it could out accelerate cars while pulling the trailer [​IMG]

i could pull the 3 place enclosed snowmobile trailer any hill up route 16 and through the white mountains at 70mph without being wide open. ..FUN passing the chevy's and fords haha

now if i had the money and ability to get my yearly inspection i'd think about putting a cummins in a ford...

7. jsaunders

the only problem with the GM/ Chevy 4500/ 5500 is that they are only rated the exact same as the Ford F450/ 550

Just because they are bigger they really cant haul any more. Plus i would like to see driveways being plowed with the GM 5500....... they wouldnt fit.

Another thing -- with the DOT now being a PITA- the 5500 will stick right out where as the 450/550 will blend in

8. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

see you guys want big ass trucks i want like a mitsu cab over. with a 10 foot dump on the back. if i could get one with the same size 8x9 dump i have on my 350 i would be happy with that. i think they would be great for plowing too. i just like driving cab overs.

9. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

and the f450 really doesnt handle weight much better then a 350 we had them side by side hauling field stone off a lot and the 350 only squated a little more maybe an inch. but the gas vs. diesel is where that truck shines. as well as a 6spd tranny

10. jsaunders

What??????
    Weight for weight the F450/ 550 kills the F350- The spring rate is the same in the front- but the brakes all around and rear end is WAY better. Plus where you are overweight on the 350 you r legal with the 450/550.