1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC, Feb 22, 2007.

1. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Haha Ken wait until i tell you about the way my day went with the customer i had...

2. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 LawnSite Senior Member

sorry guys let me refraise all of this, i didnt realize my grammer was being checked. i saw one of your trucks. it looked like a chevy, red, and had a cut above on it, i saw it right before i pulled into dunkin donuts. i acutally have no clue where i was all i know i was about 10 mins from the job i did on deer haven road in moultonborough.

3. A-Cut-ABOVE

A-Cut-ABOVE LawnSite Senior Member

I bet it was this afternoon in meredith across from the high school. thats just up the road from a dunkins, would of been a small kid with blonde hair out front weedwacking. next time stop by and say hi....

4. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 LawnSite Senior Member

yea it was a small blonde kid right up the road like you said, i will stop in next time. i was just in a rush on getting back home to do some qoutes. next time i will. yea the job was worth it up there.

5. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope wasn't your grammer... Ken and I just like to bicker alot.

6. A-Cut-ABOVE

7. lakesregionscapes

lakesregionscapes LawnSite Member

Hi Guys,
    I've been following the local thread all winter, but kinda lost touch with my computer once the snow melted...

Now that we got all the cleanups done, crisises averted and the customers are happy for a few minutes we're looking at company growth and renewal of the customer base (a couple moved away or passed away, etc.). We seem to be seeing a trend of sorts, and I'm trying to figure out if it is just perception, or real and if so and due to a changing local economy, or just stupid weather: in the last 10+ years we always got calls for new projects/installs in April/May when no one had any time to deal with them. This year there has been a few small new contacts, but no big calls (which we would have had to turn down - but that is not my point). I'm trying to figure out whether folks just aren't spending like they have been, or the summer residents haven't gotten into the swing of the summer season yet.

Have any of you notice a shift like this?

For what it's worth, our perspective is from 12 years in business, 3-4 guys on payroll crew, solid customer base with little turnover, just finally got new(er) trucks with sharp lettering... We always had more work that we knew what to do with; we are busy as ever, but the margin seems to be smaller. Wolfeboro Area.

8. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey welcome back--I have'nt had much install's but I have had alot more mowing customers. Our good friend Kingsbury has had alot of install projects and new lawns and such..more than he wanted , but he gets through it all. I'm sure he will chime in when he gets time, but from my end the customers this year still have the money around. See ya around SCOTT HASKINS

9. A-Cut-ABOVE

I think the people that live around the lake yr round are being a little more frugal this yr. Doing small jobs, or even trying things themselfs. The people with the big houses that done live here might tend to do more work , as this is just throw away money for them.
    Also with the houseing market the way it is less houses turning over , people might be more inclined to fix up thier house rather than try and sell it. So once people start to look at the budget and what they can afford after thier vacations , more jobs might pop up???

10. A-Cut-ABOVE

Hey Scott whats going on? Long time no see. Hows it going?