New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC, Feb 22, 2007.

1. A-Cut-ABOVE

A-Cut-ABOVE LawnSite Senior Member

does any one have a transmission laying around for a 2004 chevy 1500??? Mine is kind of gone right now...
    And I dont need any chevy jokes as the truck has 187,000 miles on it. Iguess it was just time for it to go...

2. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

For the white truck?

Specs? 4 speed auto right? 4wd too?

Bow auto parts....

or http://justchevytrucks.com/home.html - they are about half hour outside of Rochester in Maine. I have bought from them before and they sell good parts and the service is even better. I'd even go for the drive with you

3. A-Cut-ABOVE

only they show has 115,00 on it for 700.....to many miles if i am going to put one in im going for alot less miles than that...ya my white truck. 04 5.3l 4wd

4. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

did you give them a call? They have more than they advertise on the site.

Also if you get it from Bow Auto and they install it the mileage won't matter because they will gurantee the transmission, parts, and labor for life

5. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

Im assuming its the 4l80e trans you have. Do you have electronic 4wd or the lever on the floor? There is also a guy on craigslist in Maine who sells rebuilds for like $500. My friend bought one from the guy for his 98 1500

6. A-Cut-ABOVE

ya i got the electronic 4wd...

7. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

is the 4l80e or 4l60e? carworldused.com may have a used one? they're the biggest salvage yard i know of in the area.

i don't know how much mechanic knowledge you have, but rebuilding them isn't that hard with an ATSG manual. a rebuild kit with new clutches, steels, seals, etc. are usually around $200-$300 plus a torque converter unless your stock one is in good shape.

..or a rebuilt one on ebay is about $1000 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rebu...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item414cf2a916

expect to pay about $2500 at a transmission shop

8. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

Check your glove box for these codes
    m30 =4l60e transmission
    m32 =4l65e transmission
    mt1 =4l80e transmission

If its the 4l60e its a VERY common transmission found in the blazer, s10, astro van, and full size vans

Geeeshh Ken.... look at all the homework I do for you and what do I get in return :rolleyes:

Whats the transmission doing or not doing? Could be modulator valve, clogged filter, or other simple things.

Also is yours a 4 or 5 speed transmission (does it only have 1st and 2nd or 123?

any my original assumption was 4l60e.... i dont know why i put 4l80e since they are mostly in heavy grade commercial and hummers

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  9. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

codes may also be on sticker when you open drivers door

10. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

KEN--You can check Chase's Auto Salvage over in Enfield Center. Big junk yard and they pull engines and tranny's out and store them.