New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC, Feb 22, 2007.

1. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

well, here it is (this is the big job i did in the spring - removal, walkway, new loam, planting, and a bunch of rock work you can't see in the pictures- and am constantly changing stuff for the owner - keeps me making money haha)...grows fast, looks good from a distance, but the owner raked through it the other day and up close it doesn't look good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you can see the big brown spot in the first pic. i'm not sure if there was a lack of water by the water sprayer that caused the brown spot next to the walkway.

you see what i mean about the patches???

2. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

How shady is that area Tom?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. TGM

it's a sun/shade mix, but there's a deciduous tree there i can't remember (maple?) that covers a good bunch of the lawn in the afternoon. probably not enough sun. do you think the 10% or whatever of bluegrass has died off as a result?

i'll take some more pictures tomorrow as i'll be mowing it early afternoon

4. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

poly sand n those pavers? maybe it has something to do with it? i just did a walkway almost identical to yours. that small area near the walk makes me think contamination for some reason.

5. TGM

yeah, polymer sand on the top, leveling sand on the bottom of course

6. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never had poly sand do that. There looks like there is brown spot near the sprinklers. I almost want to say she is overwatering it for a shady area. I will look at the pics tomorrow on my computer since its harder to see on the blackberry.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. TGM

well i graded new loam up to it so it really shouldn't be a drainage issue with the soil underneath. there may be a little bit of stonedust that mixed in, but nothing that should cause any problems. as for the body of the lawn there's between 4" and 10" of new loam underneath it

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Tough call from a pic , bu Im tempted to say overwatered.

9. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I say dog pee

10. A-Cut-ABOVE

A-Cut-ABOVE LawnSite Senior Member

Did you check for grubs??? kind of looks like it to me...