New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC, Feb 22, 2007.

1. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Scotty if u followed dog pee with "excess nitrogen" you'd sound smart ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

that's what i'm thinking, too much fertilizer. whether he burned that area i don't know. here are some more pictures from today taken about 1:00ish

i didn't see any grubs, but i didn't dig into the lawn much. i also put my phone next the spots to show you what i'm dealing with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. A-Cut-ABOVE

A-Cut-ABOVE LawnSite Senior Member

I just looked at a lawn that was very similar, this lady has a grub problem and you can see where the skunks or what ever animal it was dug out areas to get to the grubs.

4. TGM

alright, i'll have to pull a strip out tomorrow and have a look

5. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

The spot with your hand looks like it could be grubs. Although this has been one of the quietest years for grubs/japanese bettles I have ever seen. Dig back a piece of lawn and see if there is any. Soulution is Dylox (commercial grade pesticide) or if the home owner is doing it use Grub-X but make sure its the one with the "Bayer" symbol on it as it uses Dylox as well and either way it will kill the grubs (and moles) in 24 hours.

If grubs are not the case I would say over watering for a shaded area. It looks like the roots are drowning. Cut back on the watering.

It doesnt look like excess nitrogen to me.

lol and Scotts "dog pee" theory would cause the lawn areas to become acidic and the solution would be lime to bring the ph back up.

Let us know if you find grubs Tom.

6. TGM

7. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

Any luck tom?

Starting to see some of the maples changing. I'm thinking an early fall. Everything seems a month ahead
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

I think i want to move to the cape! I am down here for a few days for some ummmm stress relief. I cant believe the lawns at these places. So many little postage stamp lawns all flat and open striped by a 48" mower. These lawns are like a 10 minute lawn all on one street. Ideal place for landscapers. Just the beds down here are amazing. Although the roads blow very narrow no shoulder and everyones drive way is tiny and has a BMW in the way.....

9. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

10. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

and there just waiting for a low baller to come in @ $10-15 per lawn