New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC, Feb 22, 2007.

1. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

I might sell mine if I upgrade to a bigger one.

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

prob only work 25 hrs this week. We will be slow till the end of the month when aerate seeding starts.

3. JDT Property Care

JDT Property Care LawnSite Member

Ok.. Keep me posted, I have started looking....

4. 2low4NH

from NH

My lawns are still growing. very slowly though. staying busy with walkways and fire pits.

5. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

What does everyone get per sq ft for sod and installation?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

about $1/sq ft over 1000sq feet. less than that and i always did like $1.30

extra prep (bring in loam, etc.) would be added onto the cost

7. 2low4NH

from NH

How ften would you ever be able to just walk in and lay sod? it always needs to be prepped and rolled. cost is roughly .25 a Sqft doesnt leave much room for profit. unless i need to find better deals.

8. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

usually i would have to bring in loam. i can't remember the exact price i was paying, but i believe it was .32/sq ft if i picked it up, or .39 delivered. .68 would be $1360 profit for 2000 square feet for example for simply laying the sod (maybe a couple hours of light prep depending on the job).

usually i'd have rental of a machine, loam cost, plus labor to level, roll, seed, etc.

9. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I will be selling ours. Its a HUGE beast. little wonder brand. someone painted it all red. Good metal blade. I think its a 27hp. What sucks is its a pull start:hammerhead: Few four or five pulls she runs. Need to wear the ear muffs. Tried replacing the muffler, but machine shakes so hard it loosened up. getting a new one this year for sure, getting to old to pull that monster. I can take some pics and send them to your phone if you want. Big Bill on here seen it and used it. Jason KIngsbury as well. He paid half of it years ago when we got it, maybe used it once because he was scared it would suck him in.:laugh:

10. JDT Property Care

JDT Property Care LawnSite Member

How much would you be asking for it?.... how do you mount it?