1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC, Feb 22, 2007.

1. JDT Property Care

JDT Property Care LawnSite Member

Cool, thanks. I'm looking to purchase a use one to put to use when needed. It wouldn't be my primary as I have a zero turn already...
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

under a 48" deck I wouldnt care what it had for a drive. the hydro is much faster as far as turning backing up and striping but if it was a small lawn a belt drive would be fine. I have both I dont mind the belt drive but I feel spoiled with the hydro
  3. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

Hydro, hands down.
  4. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

All of our backups are belt driven, its cheaper that way IMO.
  5. RockSolidLLC

RockSolidLLC LawnSite Member

Im Going in on Friday to take the written.... they said to plan on it taking 3 to 4 HOURS!! Im also nervous about the oral... I hope they get more people on board to give the oral exam. Kind of has me worried that as of last thursday they were already booked until March 28th! how are we supposed to sign customers for Fert programs without even being certified until mid April!?
  6. Chain Saw Doctor

Chain Saw Doctor LawnSite Member

If you guys are looking for mowing equipment I sell Scag mowers, Little Wonder Blowers & Jrco attachments, also Stihl hand held products. Check out our web sites: www.csdequipment.com & chainsawdoctor.com
  7. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

Well please be sure to let us know how it goes Rock. I just got my acceptance yesterday so I'll be scheduling soon and I guess continue studying like crazy!
  8. RockSolidLLC

I actually had to reschedule it for this afternoon due to the storm.... I wish they better prepaired us for how long each exam would be and the most stressed info they will test on. I called yesterday and asked them if we need to know the laws and rules for mosquito and arial spraying and they said YES! WTF we will never hop in a hellicopter and spray! why do we need to know the laws!
  9. lakesregionscapes

lakesregionscapes LawnSite Member

That bothers me - I'm pretty sure someone (from the course staff or state dept) had specifically told us we don't need to know the aerial laws and sections not directly related to our categories...! I was going to do them anyway, but that is false information: no wonder a whole bunch from the first group failed the regs section.

Goor luck this afternoon!
  10. RockSolidLLC

Tell me about it! I think most of those ppl failed due to lack of information. I went to the Tuesday and WED class in the first session and the ROW class in the last. When they were talking about what had been discussed in the prior days i was pissed because none of it was discussed in the first session. My brother took the ROW the first go around and he was pissed at the amount of additional information that was given to us who attended the last session... the state really needed to get their act together and not have it so misorganized due to a "rush" they had been planning it since may. Just sayin