New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC, Feb 22, 2007.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope going to NHTI for a landscape/dot class.

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

That's probably where I should be but Ill be blowing more money at Turf Depot!!!:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

3. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

Went into the state yesterday to take my pesticide tests and got the "oh, sorry sir, you should have gotten the phone call last week to reschedule your appointment."

oh well, few extra days to study. Has anyone taken them yet?

4. lakesregionscapes

lakesregionscapes LawnSite Member

Passed the written test yesterday... waiting to hear on the oral date - not likely for 4-6 weeks min. Enough time to forget half the stuff ;)

Why did you get rescheduled? Was that the oral, or written?

5. sparcolawn

from IN

It was the written. they said "unexpected scheduling conflicts" How was the written? pretty strait forward?

6. lakesregionscapes

It seemed straightforward enough to me - I forgot my calculator, but the calculations were simple enough to figure out without scratch paper. I'd still recommend taking yours though (had a panicky moment there).
    The turf section included stuff like "overwintering form of chinch bugs", "frog-eye pattern suggests which fungus" and a question on "which herbicide does not show effect until the next season". (I remember those, cause I wasn't sure of the answers). If you were in the second (Feb) series of classes, and go over *everything* they gave us you should be fine. The tests I had didn't have too many specific named pesticide questions, or I'd have been in trouble. Label reading is worth 10 questions in both G2 and B - easy points there.
    Gotta watch for some weird phrasing - there was a cryptic double-negative in one of them, and they'll toss in some random term in an otherwise textbook description. Making sure your paying attention I guess.

7. lakesregionscapes

Rumor (one of the other participants from the Feb training run) was told they're the orals are passing 2 out of 3, roughly, so far. I'm definitely nervous as hell about that part.

8. sparcolawn

from IN

Thanks for the info!

9. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I ran that for a year now I run clip, its much better, check the demo out
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. sparcolawn

from IN

Not sure about the northern part of the state but I can definitely say that if we don't get some rain, its going to be a brutal green-up and major fire dangers!