New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC, Feb 22, 2007.

1. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

time to get the ball rolling on the season

2. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

This wind is tough today.

3. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

I stayed inside most of the day! I only had to go out to bid 2 jobs. Not to windy in my living room

4. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

20 Yards of loam and a tank of seed today right on the lake. Windy but didn't get covered to bad
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

Anyone go to the MB Tractor Open house yesterday?

6. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I was going to but it would simply have been window shopping so I decided against it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. lakesregionscapes

lakesregionscapes LawnSite Member

I found the silver lining in this ridiculously dry, windy weather today, finally...
    In three weeks of cleanups so far we almost burned up the dump truck (leaves caught fire on the tailgate mounted leaf-loader exhaust, and the fire spread into the truck); like many of you I'm sure, spending day after day fighting gusts of wind in no consistent direction (even quitting early twice because there was just no getting anything accomplished); and returning the next day to find that it looks like we did nothing...
    Well, the silver lining is that it takes far less time than usual to get the bulk of the cleanups done: we zipped through a thicket of 40-50, twelve foot plus tall rhododendrons and laurels in under an hour, crawling and all... it is usually a 3 hour misery tour. Stuff takes off like a rocket in front of the blowers, and the tarpfulls are light. Saves time on the bulk, so we have more time to mess around with the last 20 leaves that just won 't go away. :p

8. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

how are you guys pricing your spring clean-ups that are not under contract? I told a guy today $50.00 an hour for two guys, plus 10 yards of mulch, and needless to say, the phone call i just had with this guy has me beyond pissed off!

9. lakesregionscapes

lakesregionscapes LawnSite Member

OK - this is just ridiculous... We started mowing today - a full month earlier than "normal" - and it was overdue at that.
    This year is just nuts. I really don't know what to expect for this summer.
    Anyone else way ahead of schedule?

10. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

way ahead but also way behind schedule. I start mowing in the morning.
    My Masonry world is coliding with my Landscaping world and causing huge scheduling issues for me.