1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new handstack water feature

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by csl, May 31, 2010.

1. csl

csl LawnSite Member

heres a feature we just finished. it was a complete landscape renovation. i ordered all the rock and brought up my excavator only to realize the dumbass neighbor built his roofline 18" over the property line. so we had to build the entire thing with our toro dingo and 4 laborers. used a 13,000 gallon an hour centrif. pump. about the best we could do handstacking it.

2. csl

csl LawnSite Member

no constructive criticism?
  3. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

OK looks like crap! The water is flowing the wrong way.:laugh:
  4. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

1. Entirely TOO much rock.
    2. Not the proper size ratio for rock; complete absence of any large boulders or small cobbles or gravel.
    3. Appears to be mixed type of rock.
    4. Most probably overkill on the pump size.
    5. Planting spotty and not well thought out.
    6. No Aquatic plantings.
    7. This installation does really look like that dump truck backed up and unloaded.
  5. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

is this setting in a small back yard or in a corner of it..
  6. Ben'sLawnCare

Ben'sLawnCare LawnSite Member

I think it looks pretty good. Could have probably used a smaller pump, but better to have too much than not enough. The main question I have is if the customer was satisfied and did he/she pay u? If they were happy and paid you then you did great. If they weren't happy and still paid you, you still did great. If they didn't pay you...then you suck sir! Lol but I like it.
    Posted via Mobile Device