New Hardscapes Fixture......Not Bad.

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Go Halogen, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Go Halogen

Go Halogen LawnSite Member

Yesterday I used this fixture for the first time. It is a Vista SL4269 rail/cap light. I was working in conjunction with a hardscaper. The customer wanted to light up their paver walls and have part of the patio lit as well. My John Deere Rep recommended this fixture. It actually slides under the paver cap.

Has anyone used this yet? If so please let me know what your thoughts are.

It came with a 5 or 10 watt xenon lamp with frosted lens. The install went fast and no drilling.

Attached Files:

2. Go Halogen

My fault.....not SL4269. It was a SL4260.

3. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

integral makes the same light. i heard a lot of people like it but it leaves the socket and lamp completely exposed. not sure how the vista looks and works.

4. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I was going to say the same thing. Integral came out with them a while back. It's funny how quickly the different manufactures will jump on something.

5. Go Halogen

Well, I have used Integral's version as well. It was pretty neat in the beginning. But I had some issues with little kid touching the burning lamp....Ouch!

Vista's has a lens and greater diversity in lamp sizes.

The fixture actually can be used two different ways. I used it with the steel wing for under cap mounting. If you remove the steel wing you can direct mount the fixture into wooden steps, under rails and that just the beginning.

I am going to noodle with this fixture at my house. It is small enough to use in some interesting ways. I attached a PDF for you all to look at on the original thread.

Check it out....you may figure out a new way to use it

6. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Whats with that pricing ? MSRP ?

I got the integrals here as samples. Not real impressed with em due to the open design of it. Kinda expensive for a plate and socket with a face plate.

7. Go Halogen

That must be list pricing, since it is advertised on their website.
    I paid around $41.00 for each.

8. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i met with the vista regional rep months back and showed him the hadco's we were having to use on the kitchen jobs we were doing. we said that something was in the works.

9. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have the Integral also. i just got it actually last week and took it to a customers house and set it up temporarily on one of two large SRW walls he wants lit. On another area of the wall to show a different effect I set up a Stellar pointing at the wall from the bottom side. He wasn't crazy about seeing the bulb of the Integral from the lower yard as there are steps leading up between the lower and upper walls. He liked the Stellar better on the upper wall which is a little taller and using the Integral (or maybe vista now with frosted lens?) on the lower wall. The Stellar lit more area and tended to smooth out the roughness of the wall whereas the Integral beam spread was more defined and accented the rough texture.

10. Go Halogen

If you try this fixture, be aware that if ordered standard it will come with a 5 watt xenon lamp and frosted lens (that is what I got). I bought a 10 watt xenon lamp just to try and it was too bright for my sitting wall areas. The 10 watt did well for the taller retaining walls. The installation went pretty smooth. I worked with a harderscaper buddy of mine who left the marked paver caps unglued until I was finished.

Andy