New hardscaping toy!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by cgland, Apr 6, 2006.

1. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is a new toy for our hardscaping crews.

Chris

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

A backhoe/loader is truely the workhorse of a construction site. They are versatile.

Good looking rig. Kubota was having a killer deal on financing lately, how did you make out?

While its not a flexable as a team of a skid and a mini-ex, it does eliminate one operator, (or lots of climbing out of cabs and into other ones). I really dislike using a backhoe in cramped quarters though, too much manueavering around to get where you want.

3. cgland

The financing was a great deal. I couldn't pass it up. We financed the L39 and a Pequea 10K# trailer for $780/month for 5 years with no money down. I agree with the tight quarters thing. We will use this on wall projects or better access sites. Plus it's great to use on softscaping jobs. We toyed around with getting another skid steer, but we needed something more versatile for now. Next year we will get another skidder.

Chris

4. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

real cute ,at least you got a good finance rate.try unlocking the brakes in tight areas.:sleeping:

5. blakeg314

blakeg314 LawnSite Member

thats a nice loader

6. Dirty Water

Sometimes small machines are what you need. For Softscapes you want something that won't tear the turf, this TLB is one machine that can (at a small scale) replace a mini-ex and a skid steer and do less damage than either.

That said, here is my part time toy that we use from time to time..We maintain a large condo complex, and they own it: (Not the actual one, same model though)

http://www.farmequipmentunlimited.com/chiltontractor/ford555d.jpg

7. cgland

Besides an *******, who are you?

Chris

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on the new toy CGland it's soo purty and red too!

9. Dirty Water

If thats red, I want to see what you think Orange is.

10. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Lets See More Pics Of All Your Other Toys You Got... Im Sure You Have A Lot Of Other Nice Trucks And Toys Post Em All Up For Us To Enjoy!!!!