1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New hedge trimmer blades???

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by BufalinoLand, Jan 20, 2006.

1. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

I have a pair of Kawi hedge trimmers that are missing some teeth. Where do I get new ones and how much
  2. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

talk to a dealer or maybe check ebay
  3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

check lesco
  4. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

I have a stihl hedgetrimmer, priced a new set of blade, might as well buy a whole new trimmer for what they want. I think they wanted $150 for new blades
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You might want to get new unit and go with lighter unit like Echo. The price you got for the blades sound about correct.
  6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I recently checked about new blades for my Stihl HS80, 24" clipper. I was quoted over $200 for an entire blade assembly! I asked them to double check, and asked why would I pay so much for a new blade assembly, when another $125 gets me a new unit? Of course, I did not get an answer.

However, I then asked about just the blades. I think a new blade is $34. Two are needed, so that is $68 for both.

I really doubt something with those amounts. I had already sharpened mine and remounted onto the power head for this off-season work. But, I was looking ahead because mine have a couple of nicks. However, for those prices, I can live with a few nicks.

Perhaps the best reason for buying a new assembly, albeit very costly, is one knows the power head to be good (no 4-mix, if you don't want that model). With care, I think the engine will last a very long time. For me, a known quanity is worth something.