1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New helper ..cuts down flowers!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by leeslawncare, Sep 7, 2001.

1. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

got a new guy that has been helping me from time to 3 times. to day he cut down a vine on a trellas . client call an told me .What did i do?it was planted from seed an only blooms this time of year at nite . she had babyied it all year !! bummer . they weren't pissed but you know they were . i offerd to pay an or put up a boarder for them next year .no way . then i called him back an gave him a free cut next time i was there . i hated it but what else can i do ?
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

leeslawn--dude, I feel your pain!

let he who has no sin cast the first stone!

NOT ME!

3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a friend that told me a similar story this year, except they were the homeowner. Anyway, guess you know who has the account now? ME!
    So tell us, did you "CUT" the worker?...LOL
  4. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

well i haven't told him yet . i will monday . I'am a part timer an he works with me at my reg. job . (yes i do pay my taxes an have a biz license) !!LOL. I guess it was my fault cause i .....lack of training...guess everyone isn't bright or (wise ) to the things in peoples lawns? Do you thing the free b-be was the best i could do?.
  5. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

You have to have 3 sets of eyes. 1 to watch what your doing, 1
    to watch the euipment and yet another set to watch the help.

I had a Spainish fellow working with me once. I came around the house to catch him pooring Round Up Pro in the weed eater. He thought it was gas.

What a mess.

6. Don't you just hate that when someone else costs you money. Try cutting down a flower bed with a weed eater in the first week of mowing, after 20hrs of training. Boardered and all. Thank Hashem it was bulbs but they came back and blummed, but the cleint was POed. I too feel you pain.