New here

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Smalltimer1, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello everybody, My name is Maxwell Wheeler, and I'm a freshman in Agricultural Engineering at North Carolina State University. I'm concentrating in ag machinery. I'm 18 years old, and I joined this site to broaden my knowledge of the lawn care trade as well as learn more about the pros' equipment.

During the summers and breaks I do some yard work and small engine repair for people that need it, as well as provide small engine repair services to local pawn shops. I currently use a John Deere GT-235 with a 54" deck and a MTD pushmower and a Stihl FS-80R straight shaft trimmer. I've been running mowers since I was 5 years old, starting on my grandfather's old Craftsman 10/36.

2. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

Well let me start off by saying welcome to the jungle, I mean LawnSite. I can still remember being a freshman at NCSU, man I miss those days. Well good luck there and in your career field.

Robert

3. Smalltimer1

Thanks, I am trying to do my best in it. Math and Chemistry are tough, but I'm slowly plowing through it.

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Maxwell, welcome. It's always nice to see other people from NCSU. Glad to see that you joined the site. I live right over by the stadium, probably not far from you.

5. Smalltimer1

I'm over in the Avent Ferry Complex.