New hire might = big trouble.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 6'7 330, Apr 20, 2006.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

My sister in law says she wants to be a landscaper for the summer.I have worked my nieces and nephews, but if they didn't work out, id just fire them and give them a boot in the ass if necessary.I'm a little reluctant to hire my wife's favorite sister , although I do see marketing potential, she is drop dead gorgeous, put her on ZTR, in a bikini lol .Any of you ever hire a brother in law,or sister in law to work for your company? Something tells me if I do hire her, I'm in big trouble, and if I don't hire her, I'm in big trouble.

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Suggest you take the second BIG TROUBLE and not the first.Suggest to her a competitor to work for..tell her you can't afford her,tell your wife you are afraid she might get hurt,tell her you love her to much to employ her,tell your wife you just don't want to be in that kind of position with her family.This is a loose/loose situation and you know it.

3. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Nope keep family out. To much like a partnership, or so they may think.

Funny though? I've had this girl at my bank wanting to work for me for some time . She keeps dropping the bomb on me once in a while.:nono:

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

5. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats like haveing a gallon gas in one hand and a gallon of kerosene in the other.lol :cry: Either way your gonna get burned. lol:hammerhead: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Im goin with older than dirt on this one.lol

6. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Can she pull weeds? In a bikini= $100.00 an hour billable + tips.

7. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

I agree. And without airing my "dirty laundry" I'll leave it at that. If you need an example feel free to pm me. :drinkup:

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Don't you have insurance complications right now?

:rolleyes:

I know a friend of mine in the business what he likes to do, and he's developed this into an art so good I must learn to do this, but he keeps a fake cellphone handy (it looks real enough) and anytime something comes up or someone wants to talk to him and he's not in the mood, suddenly 'frank' or whoever calls with a broke down truck out in Melbville and he'll sit there faking a conversation so real, even if you think he's faking it you won't dare interrupt lol. He'll stay on that phone and pull out paperwork and set up appointments and just keep going and I'm telling you, you can't be too sure it's for real or for fake but I know it's one of his natural defenses is to get on the phone at opportune times.

If that doesn't work, try the insurance complications again, maybe you can pull out some sub-paragraph and then the taxes is a real mess too, isn't it? If the silly question comes up about why these complications don't stop your wife from working with you, that would be because she is your wife.

9. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nobody 19 and looking like this, needs to be working on a landscape job lol.

10. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Send her my way -- problem solved. :weightlifter: