1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Hitch Rack for Aerator/Snowblower

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Envision, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

I have a few clients that I do snowblowing and quite a few that I aerate for so I had a custom rack made so I don't have to pull a trailer. This will work quite well when I expand and can have a truck w/ single employee running aerations in the fall.

What does everyone think?

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

THat is pure genius. No Joke... I love it..How much does it weigh? Did you make it? or buy it? how much did it cost you?
  3. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

Thanks for the comments, I can't wait to get some use out of it!

It is a little on the heavy side, however it can be put in place with one person. My father-in-law made it for free, just cost me some spray paint and then I rubber coated with some cheap stuff. I gave him the general idea and he ran with it. I researched buying one however none were wide enough for the right price, if they were they ran $300 plus.

There were many days that I hauled a 10' trailer around with just the aerator in the picture, and that is just overkill. Then, with snowblowing it was difficult to get it into the back of my truck with the ramps that I had.
  4. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. I was thinking of doing the same thing.
  5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Great setup, I like it very much. We may have to look into that!!!! THANKS:)
  6. dcondon

Do you just have it in the reese hitch or what else to you have there to stablize it.... Any close up pic's????
  7. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

It just sits in the receiver, no stabilizers at all. With nothing on it, it will lean to the passenger side due to the weight of the gate. However, you can offset that when you place whatever equipment you haul with it. It rides very nice without any issues.

If you want some more pics, I'll send them. It is not a refined piece of work, there are many areas for improvement.....

Thanks, Tim.
  8. dcondon

THANKS, I would love to have some pic's of what the bottom looks like.:)
  9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

dcondon, what size reese hitch you have on the trailblazer?
  10. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a similar set-up as well. It works much better than hauling small equipment on a trailer.