New Holland C238??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KrayzKajun, May 3, 2014.

1. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I would echo what KSSS said. The fenders between the Case and the NH are different even though the machines mechanically are almost identical.

2. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I had numerous hand control issues, inter cooler failure, blown lines, worn pins, and the plastic hood cracks due to the fact it can't handle the weight of the cooler or condenser that's mooted to it. IMO it wasn't ready for prime time.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I went in to the dealer to order some filters for my tractor and spent a few minutes shooting the bull with my buddy.
    They are waiting for a C232 & C238 to come in. They have 2x C227 on the lot. His dad came out to say hi and by the end of our conversation, they offered me a free week demo of one of the C227s, so I can get a feel for the machines.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The 227 and CASE 270 are the same. They are pretty strong machines, more productive than their size would suggest.

5. KrayzKajun

KSSS it seems the 227 is a pretty tough machine and has some good reviews for power & size.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I ran the CASE version and came away really impressed. That was what prompted me to purchase the 320 without even running it. I felt it was stronger than the comparision Kubota 75 they had on site and a lot more comfortable to run.

7. KrayzKajun

That's good to know. I'm curious to see price between the New Holland C227 & Kubota SVL75.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

9. Nelson M Martin

Nelson M Martin LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I doubt that its very wise to go buy a machine based on manufactures specs only

10. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

Never said it was. It wouldn't be very wise to purchase not knowing them either.